Friday, September 23, 2011

Soldered Glass Magnets and Necklaces

Something different today.  Eric and I are getting ready for a craft show next weekend and I wanted to offer something small and affordable at our booth, in addition to soliciting commissions for custom residential stained glass windows.  These little soldered charms are just the thing!
They are super easy to make .. There are several good videos up on YouTube to show you how.  Here's a good one:
The products she uses are slightly different than mine .. and I ground the glass before foiling, but this video will give you all the basics.  I found 8x10" clear glass that is 1/3 thinner than most stained glass, which made using 7/32" copper foil tape an ideal choice.  I used lead-free solder. I will be turning some of these little 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" gems into refrigerator magnets.  The rest will become necklaces.

Here's the info on the show ...
Eric and I will have a booth at the upcoming 19th Annual Allendale Festival Day and Car Show, next weekend, Saturday, October 1, 2011 from 10:00 to 4:00.  Come by and say hello!



Check out the new look of Boehm Stained Glass Studio website (testimonials added, too), and also visit our FaceBook site.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment