Saturday, October 9, 2010

Starry Night completed!

This wonderful 21" x 27" Van Gogh window is complete. Eric is preparing a custom-stained wooden frame for it, to which installation hardware will be added. My signature and the date have been etched into the lower right corner.

The solder has been patinaed in traditional black which brings out the shapes and glass colors even more vibrantly.  The first photo is in full sun, the second is in the shade.  As the window goes through the day, and the seasons, you can see how the the quality of the light and the colors of the glass will change.  A closer look (in person) will show all the different textures of the glass.  (Click on photo to enlarge, use back arrow to return).

Starry Night is a vibrant, artistic addition to the room, a great conversation piece, and "an heirloom work of art to be admired daily and treasured forever!"  Call to have me build one for you!

Click here for Boehm Stained Glass Studio website.

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done- What a talent you are- Great work-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job. I love Chantal's stained glass patterns. She is a great designer. I was wondering what it would look like in glass, I have been thinking of doing this pattern :)
    Liz
    wackypup.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great piece. I'm thinking of attempting it now that I've done some intricate pieces. I like your color choices, it looks very bright like the actual Van Gogh painting. Did you stick to the actual pattern or deviate from it? I thought of just drawing out my own pieces but still not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adriana, Thank you for your compliments! This was a very rewarding window to create. The hardest part was choosing the various shades of blue and turquoise. If you do a search on Starry Night stained glass pattern by Chantal Pare, you can make one too. She is a wonderful pattern designer with a vast array of work available online.
    KLB-BSGS

    ReplyDelete