Since this project was a "fill in" job started in April, the solder had oxidized a bit, so I needed to go over it with steel wool #0 in order to prep it for the black patina. That done, I waxed and polished each panel.
Eric unscrewed the lower portions of the mullion and then we lifted it up and positioned the birds underneath, catching the brass clips as we went. They are securely locked in now. To see the entire process which I repeated for each of the three birds, click here. (Click on any photo to enlarge).
Today I started the design process for a new commission, a 29" octagonal window. Stay tuned ...
Click here for Boehm Stained Glass Studio website (and if you will, please "like" our new FaceBook page). Thanks!