Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tuscany Villa Window finished!


This past Thursday, after 5 weeks, the Tuscany Villa stained glass window was completed.  The changes to the original design from Paned Expressions can be seen, above, with the altered skyline and the addition of the sunflowers in the foreground, as well as the hillside vineyards.

This window is 19” x 32” in four panels, has 275 pieces of glass, used 40 yards of foil, 1-1/2 pounds of solder, and weights 8-1/2 pounds.  I signed and dated it at the bottom right with a Dremel Tool and a small rounded tip engraving bit from Inland.  It will be installed in my client’s home in about two weeks using short lengths of chain in the three eye hooks which I soldered to the top to evenly distribute the weight. 

My client has not yet seen it but it received rave reviews at a recent gathering of friends. I haven’t yet added up the total time to build this window.  I estimated it to be 35 hours but I anticipate that the actual time will be much longer.  Well, when these projects turn into labors of love, who’s counting? 

Thanks Rosanna, for entrusting me with your window.  I hope you love it!

Click here for Boehm Stained Glass Studio website.

1 comment:

  1. Very nicely made, Kathy ! As I go through your pages works it impresses me how many talents you have and how well organized you appear to be,
    compared to me. Thank you very much for your message. I appreciated a lot. Have a nice weekend ;-)

    elie
    http://tiffany-studios.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete