Thursday, September 30, 2010

Starry Night glass all cut


I finished cutting, grinding, and fitting the 200th or so piece of glass today!  At this stage of the 21" x 27" window, some minor adjustments are always necessary.  A few pieces were removed and trimmed to fit better.  They need to be snug against each other but not so tight that the pieces crack when soldered.

I replaced two light blue pieces in the lower middle with a streaky gray opal glass.  Before I begin the soldering, I may make a few more changes.  But overall, I'm happy with the interplay of the colors ... They will come to life when the window is completed and in the sunlight.

So far, I've spend just over 4 hours preparing the pattern and almost 33 hours cutting all the glass.  Next, I'll wrap the edge of each piece of glass with thin, adhesive 7/32" copper foil tape. Stay tuned ...

Click here for Boehm Stained Glass Studio website.

No comments:

Post a Comment