Thursday, February 8, 2018

Repair to Stained Glass Cross

This is a small repair done to a cross owned by a repeat customer.  Since she lives a distance away, we used the US mail to send it back and forth.

Here's the cross as it came to me, with the bottom cracked.


I melted off the solder around the connection areas and removed the broken piece.

Melting off the old solder.

I didn't have an exact match for this glass, nor could I locate the match, so I sent photos of several possibilities to my customer.  She chose this very pale amber.  Here I've made a template for the replacement piece.

Here's the finished cross. In order to match the existing patina, I mixed copper with black.
 Thank you Cindy for calling upon me for your stained glass repairs.
For more information on my other projects, please click here to visit my website.

If you're on FaceBook, please click here to "like" my BoehmStained Glass Studio page to keep up with all the latest projects.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment